Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Before 25: One Day At A Time

Aye Mates!

How are you? Hope all is well, healthy and safe wherever whenever you are. As I’m turning 25, per usual I’m writing a letter for myself. What I’ve learned from the past year and also a message for the next upcoming year (if I’m still allowed to live another year). The main keywords from the past year has been “Surrender to God” and a message for the next year “One Day At A Time”. Read on.

 

25. As people says, quarter life crisis. Why? 

As I read an article, 25 is the ideal age to be content with our journey. They say:

“25 you should’ve own this or that”

“25 you should have this job”

“25 you should have own certain amounts of saving”

“25 should’ve this or that and the list goes on”

 

To be very honest, I almost didn’t realize all the things I should’ve achieve at certain ages until my own family said “at your age I got married and have kids”. It subconsciously gives pressure to me, I’m comparing myself to the situation, the society, the surrounding and the people. 

 

I worry for my future. I worry why my pace seems to be slower than other. I worry I feel stuck and not getting any further. I worry I’m left behind. Asking “why he/she seems to be so good and have it all” and I’m still in my waiting room, doesn’t seems to see God’s moving or answering any of my cries. Especially with this Covid19 and staying at home, it feels like the world is on pause mode and telling me to just sit still while there are tons of things I should run to achieve it. Hearing the news daily how many people died of Covid19, gives me a little anxiety and all what ifs scenarios just run freely on my mind.

 

But thank God really, through all the cell group, sermon and devotional, I realized that at this moment it’s time for me (or us) to rest and fully surrender to God. Be still. It may seems everything is beyond my control but God is still in control and He’s still in charge of the large. We human are limited but God’s not, He’s unlimited and super able to bring us out of our waiting season. Trust His timing, it’s perfect! I experienced it myself and I can testify on it :)

 

As for meeting the social standard or comparing myself to other’s success, this is a reminder that you’re going to be okay. You have seen God answered the prayers of others and He will surely do the same for you. It takes longer because it’ll be an answer that could bless many. Your waiting season has a purpose and God is the mastermind.

 

Hey you, yes you have tons of things to achieve, but remember this: One Day At A Time.

Shift the focus not on the problem but on the progress. Just keep doing you. Work as hard as you can, for your own good (also take a rest if needed) and don’t forget a prayer a day keeps the worries away. 

 

How far you come is also an achievement. Be proud of yourself. Give a little applause to yourself. Be a little kinder to yourself. Pat yourself and say “thank you, you’ve done well”. Even when you don’t see it but God is still working and He never stop. Come to Him and dream again. Find hope and rest in Him while you wait. One day at a time.

 

“I have made you strong. Soon, I will make you happy.” –God :)

-Wise Woman Waits 31 Days Devotional by Sasha Tjie



Thank you for reading.

Hope you are well, healthy, safe and sane during this pandemic. Let's end Covid19 pandemic together. Hand in hand.

God bless you :)


-Cheers, Michelle Sanjaya (who's now 25 years young)

No comments:

Post a Comment